Warm sweet potato salad is a surprisingly delicious salad that can be enjoyed during the winter months. The sweet potatoes, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar are delicious together.
I was compensated by STAR for this post, which does not effect my opinion of this or any of their products. My opinion is 100% my own.
Warm Sweet Potato Salad
While I do prefer the really mild flavor of a “regular” potato, I won’t refuse sweet potatoes. I might be a bit skeptical about them, but I’ll try it. Passing the time until spring and summer brings back my more preferred choices, I’m making the most out of seasonal foods during the colder months and sharing my warm sweet potato salad with you today. (sigh)
I had a feeling these flavors would work but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this salad is quite an impressive culinary harmony.
The sliced sweet potatoes were oven roasted until most of them were a bit crispy on one side bringing out the savory side of them, but leaving the sweetness that makes them a sweet potato. Goat cheese adds a rich flavor, pairing quite well with the sweet potatoes and the balsamic vinaigrette brings everything together into a beautifully delicious salad. 🙂
Quick to put together, this would make an easy side for dinner or a quick salad to make and take for lunch, The single serving packs of vinaigrette from STAR are really, really convenient. My other half likes to mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in little cups to take for his lunch and it ends up all over his lunch bag. I need to write a thank you note to Star for making those. Seriously,
What is your favorite warm fall/winter salad?
I had a complex salad all planned and ready to make for you. Chopped peppers, sliced potatoes, diced onions and so much more. It might have tasted really good but Tay said something that changed my mind.
She was watching a show on the Food Network and one of the competitors was saying negative things about the simplicity of a dish that one of the fellow chefs had presented.
The summery for Tay’s rant: Simple can be delicious. She is so right.
This warm sweet potato salad is so simple that it doesn’t really need an actual recipe in my opinion, but I’m sharing one just in case you don’t agree. It’s only a few ingredients chopped, sliced and roasted in the oven but it is delicious. I would proudly serve this to guests at my house.
Sometimes simple is better. This is one of those times.
- 2 lbs uncooked sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans, more if you really like them
- 1½ cups of chopped kale, more if you want
- Goat cheese
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Star fine foods vinaigrette single serving packs
- Brush olive oil on the bottom of two large baking sheets and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel your sweet potatoes if you want and slice them. Lay them flat on the baking sheets.
- Chop red onion into large pieces and lay on the baking sheets with the sweet potato slices.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the potatoes and onion and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes and onion bake, toss kale and garbanzo beans in olive oil and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- After the potatoes and onion have baked for 15 minutes, remove the sheets from the oven and add the kale and the garbanzo beans.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide into 4 servings and toss in balsamic vinaigrette if serving immediately.
- Top with goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!