We’re celebrating burger month thanks to Girl Carnivore and I’m happy to share this with you! A big thank you to Certified Angus Beef, Char-broil, KitchenIQ, Cabot Cheese, Grill Master Club, American Lamb Board, Cowboy Charcoal and CuttingBoard.com for the awesome grilling package.
I am SO excited to be participating in Burger Month for the first time! You could definitely say I love a good burger. That’s putting it pretty lightly. I know someone who makes the best burger patties (that I’ve ever tasted) and when he asks me if I want one, the answer is always yes. Always.
A classic burger is something I often crave but my curiosity nudges me out of my comfort zone to try new things, some more drastically different than others. The Spicy Chicken Wing Burger I’m sharing with you today is just a wee bit outside the norm, nothing too crazy, but definitely worth it and so simple. Totally doable on weeknights at my house and hopefully yours too.
Instead of putting an actual chicken wing in the burger (that pesky bone) I grill chicken thighs, slice them and put half of a thigh on the burger after tossing it in some spicy wing sauce. SO GOOD!
Update: One year later I am still making this burger on occasion and very much a fan. For burger craving inspiration you’ll want to check out all the #BurgerMonth posts from fellow participants and see all the drool worthy burgers they’ve made to share with you! Before you go take a peek…
Enter below for your chance to win:
- KitchenIQ V-etched Container Grater ($39.99)
- American Lamb
- Cabot cheese box
- Cert Angus Beef
- Charbroil Grill
- Cowboy Charcoal Samplers
- Cuttingboard.com cutting board
- GrillMasters Club Box
- 2 pounds ground beef (or chuck steak ground at home)
- garlic salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 chicken thighs
- blue cheese crumbles
- buffalo wing sauce, I used Frank’s
- chopped celery
- hamburger buns
- optional: sliced cheese
- Sprinkle garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce on ground beef and mix together with your hands just until evenly mixed together.
- Form into 8 patties, leaving an indent in the center with your thumb.
- Grill chicken thighs, seasoning with more of that garlic salt, then grill the burgers.
- Slice the chicken thighs and toss in spicy wing sauce or just straight up pour the hot wing sauce on top of the chicken after placing it on the burger patty!
- Use ½ chicken thigh per burger.
- Begin with the burger and add a slice of cheese if you want.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles.
- Add chicken thigh (pour on the sauce if you really want the spicy wing flavor!) and top with more blue cheese and chopped celery.
- Take a big bite out of that burger!
Looking to change up the usual burger routine at your house? Here are some of my favorite burger toppings!