Bacon cheddar and spinach egg cups are one of my go to recipes for breakfast. These also make a great snack to pack in lunch boxes or serve on weekends.
Recipes for Breakfast
Today I usually share a snack idea with you to keep both of us from the boredom of eating the same snacks every day or eating something that we regret later on. Bacon cheddar and spinach egg cups are automatically classified as a breakfast food because of the egg, resembling a sort of baked omelette.
I was very, very short on time when I tried these for the first time. Due for a trip to the grocery store, I had some meat and cheese in the fridge, a bag of spinach in the freezer. Needing a little something to pack in lunches for both Tay and my other half, this is what I ended up with. I remembered seeing these all over Pinterest and I figured they couldn’t be much more than scrambled eggs with savory goodies packed inside.
Bacon Cheddar and Spinach Egg Cups
Fortunately these can be very versatile. I like recipes that have swappable ingredients, don’t you? If you want, you can add any meat you have and your favorite cheese. Add fresh spinach or loosely frozen spinach to add a little green or chop some kale. Use onions instead if that is what you prefer. Egg cups are made with different meats and cheeses every time and I always hear the same thing after they’re gone. “When are you making these again?”
Save us from being stuck in a rut and tell me, what would you use in your egg cups?
Here are a few more recipes for breakfast that have been very popular with our readers. Scroll down to the end of this post if you would like to see the recipe for these bacon cheddar spinach egg cups. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by!
- 9 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup of chopped and cooked bacon
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl scramble eggs and milk together using a whisk for about 90 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs and scramble again.
- Grease a 12 muffin baking pan with your favorite cooking spray or butter.
- First add the bacon, dividing it evenly between all the cups but reserving some of the bacon to top the egg cups.
- Now add the spinach on top of the bacon, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pour the egg mixture into each space in the muffin tin, dividing it equally into each cup.
- Top with reserved pieces of bacon and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set and fully cooked.