Easy Beef Chili Recipe
- one one small onion chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- two 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes including juices
- one 15 oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- Preheat a large pot on medium high heat and drizzle a little cooking oil.
- Cook chopped onion until nearly translucent and still tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and spices, breaking up the beef with the spoon or spatula if you haven't already.
- Stir frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes and pinto beans, stirring to mix in thoroughly.
- Turn heat down to medium and let it cook covered for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid then continue to cook until some of the liquid cooks off and the chili begins to thicken, another 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and when it's cool enough to eat, serve and enjoy!
This makes 6-8 servings for me because we serve this over rice or with cornbread.