Cranberry jam is a sweeter version of cranberry sauce with some frozen strawberries and orange zest! You’ll love this jam!
Cranberry jam is a sweeter version of cranberry sauce with some frozen strawberries and orange zest. You'll love this jam!
- 2 bags of cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cranberry/berry blend juice
- zest and juice of one orange
- In a medium sized pot, combine ingredients and cook on medium heat.
- Cover for the first 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat down to medium low and let it simmer until the jam begins to thicken.
- Cook until the jam is reduced and almost thick enough to be spreadable. This takes just under 90 minutes for me.
- It will thicken more after it has cooled.
Notes: You can substitute juice for chai tea. I’ve done that before when I didn’t have any juice and it was really good.