Oreo Mummy Cookies look like cute little mummy faces! These will make the perfect treat for your Halloween party.
OREO Mummy Cookies
We have a lot of fun Halloween memories so this is a fun time of year for my daughter and I! At the time I am writing this to you (and eating an OREO Mummy Cookie…) she is 14 years old and I love that she is still a little kid at heart. She still wants to dress up for Halloween and loves the idea of taking her younger sister trick-or-treating at the local businesses downtown. It’s become a tradition.
She loves Halloween themed treats like these OREO Mummy Cookies. I know the kids at the upcoming Halloween party will love them too.
When she and her sister are way too old for trick-or-treating and doing the things we used to enjoy, I’ll miss it but we will always remember things like wearing a coat over the anticipated costume because it was raining. Or the time my daughter had silly string sprayed on her sheep costume I made. She was furious! Thankfully for the person who sprayed her it all came off easily the way silly string often does!
Make these OREO Mummy Cookies a part of your Halloween tradition! Super easy, really fun to make (buy 2 packages of OREOs) and kids can have a lot of fun helping out. The candy eyeballs taste like smarties so I don’t usually pick them off like I thought I would. 🙂
What is your favorite Halloween memory?
- 1 12 oz. package white melting candies
- 1 package candy eyes
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- wax paper
- 2 sandwich size plastic zip bags
- Put the melting candies in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds, stir then heat for another 30 seconds.
- Stir well until the candies continue melting and microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each set of time, until completely melted.
- Place Oreos on wax paper in a single layer.
- Put melted white candy in plastic ziplock bags after slightly cooled but still warm. Double bagging is important.
- Drizzle melted white candy over Oreos, just a few strips where the eyes will go is needed.
- Put two eyes on each Oreo, then drizzle more white candy over the cookies.
- Let them set for about an hour.