One Pot Cheesy Chicken Quinoa is an easy one pot meal that can be made in about 45 minutes! Wouldn’t this be perfect for a weeknight?
Pin this video.
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Quinoa
My other half is often at work when it’s dinner time for Tay and I. Some days can be extremely challenging to cook dinner for him ahead of time so he can take it with him. Yeah he can cook his own dinner and he’s totally willing, but since I spend most of my time in the kitchen, I usually volunteer to cook. And so I find myself scrambling for dinner ideas and something I can cook while doing something else at the same time. I’m pretty sure you can relate to that, can’t you? 🙂 The original inspiration for this recipe came from what I already had at home. Frozen peppers are a staple in my freezer and I’m very happy about that. They add a lot of flavor to this meal and the cheese is a bonus!
This takes about 45 minutes to put together but it’s an easy 45 minutes. The chicken cooks while you answer a coupe emails. The quinoa cooks while you share a funny cat video on your Facebook wall. Before you know it, dinner is ready. If you only cook for a few, there’s plenty for two nights so you’re ahead of the game! I do recommend serving this right away because I don’t like to wait but it does keep well if you need to store it and eat it later. Want to see if this recipe is good fit for you? Take a moment and watch the video above and see if it’s something you’d like to try. Do you have a favorite one pot dinner for weeknights?
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp. of salt plus more for seasoning if you want
- 4 cups of chickens stock
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 16 oz. bag of frozen sliced bell peppers
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat large pot on medium high heat and coat the bottom of the pan with oil.
- Add the chicken and salt to the pot and stir.
- While the chicken is cooking, measure out your chicken stock and rinse your quinoa. Set it aside.
- Fully cook the chicken and you can let the bottom of the pan brown a little for even more flavor.
- Pour the stock into the pot and add the quinoa.
- Cover the pot and cook until the liquid is almost gone.
- I usually stir it once or twice just to check, but be quick about it and put the lid back on.
- After the liquid is almost completely gone, add one 16 oz. bag of frozen sliced bell peppers.
- Then add 3 cups of cheese. The cheese I use is well seasoned and has great flavor so I don’t add salt but depending on how salty your cheese is, you might want to taste it and add a little salt if you want.
- Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Cover the pot and cook for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you like one pot meals? Take a peek at these…
Want to see more quinoa recipes?