No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
My love for peanut butter includes this no bake peanut butter chocolate pie. 🙂 My most favorite candy ever will always be peanut butter cups. I love peanut butter, but it’s taken to a whole new level when it’s completely surrounded in chocolate. In a similar way, this peanut butter pie is ordinary but bumped to extraordinary with a chocolate ganache spread on top.
Thankfully, chocolate ganache isn’t as hard to prepare as it sounds. The name alone just screams “I’ll take hours to make” but that really isn’t so.
I love to bake but no bake sweets like these are neat for when the oven is being used or it’s just too hot outside for baking. This just takes a little stove top space for the cream to heat up and that’s it.
For the crust, I like to use crushed speculoos if I can. I’ll use any combo of graham crackers, speculoos or even those round vanilla wafer cookies. I don’t usually bake the crust, but I do let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours before adding the filling and ganache.
You could make this even easier and just purchase a pre made graham cracker crust if you prefer.
It’s both a blessing and a not-blessing that my other half strongly dislikes peanut butter. I don’t mind the more-pie-for-me approach but it’s so hard to be sensible when there an irresistible pie staring at me. He does really love chocolate and I saw him eyeballing this pie the last time I made it. I didn’t want to be mean so I warned him about the peanut butter and away he went. Out of the corner of my eye I’m pretty sure I saw him try to pick off the chocolate. 🙂 I don’t blame him. That little layer makes all the difference in the world.
Isn’t chocolate awesome?! I love the monthly chocolate party. 🙂 Would you like to join us?
Here are the rules for participating:
1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.
2.) Include a link back to a monthly round-up or the Chocolate party page. Optional, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker or speculoos crumbs
- 10 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- *You can also use a store bought graham cracker crust. You will need two.
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese at room temperature
- one container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¾ cup of peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 fluid ounces of heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces of chocolate chopped into small pieces
- For the crust:
- Using a large bowl, add graham cracker crumbs.
- Add sugar and stir to comine.
- Pour melted butter over the cracker and butter mixture and stir just until butter is mixed in.
- Press into 2 9 inch pie plates and up the sides. Chill for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the peanut butter filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- Divide evenly into two portions, spreading evenly into both pie crusts.
- Chocolate Ganache:
- Weigh chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, pour heavy cream.
- Let it come to a low boil on medium heat, this could take 8-10 minutes.
- Once cream begins to boil, remove from heat and pour over chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Allow ganache to cool for at least 15 minutes. After chocolate has cooled down to room temp, divide evenly into two portions and spread evenly over each pie.