Want a really easy weeknight dinner recipe? Give this Steak & Mushroom Frittata recipe a try and see how to make a frittata.
How to Make a Frittata: Steak and Mushroom Frittata
Frittatas are one of the go to weeknight dinners at my house because even if I don’t have anything prepared and we’re just getting back from the barn, dinner won’t take long. It’s so easy you might not even need a recipe but there is one at the end of this post and the instructions will show you how to make a frittata.
It’s baked scrambled eggs with meat and vegetables (you can also make it with just meat or just vegetables). That’s it. Nothing fancy.
This does make a nice brunch dish but we mostly frittatas for dinner. Not sure why. It’s just how we do things.
Serve with a salad to make it a meal and maybe some garlic bread on the side. Maybe some muffins?
Give this a try and use your favorite meat and vegetable combination! Substitute leftover meat for steak if you want. Chicken, bacon and onion would be an awesome savory combo. Peppers, sausage and mushroom might just be the ultimate breakfast frittata. What do you think?
See the recipe below and use it as a guide for how to make a frittata.
- 1 lb cubed steak
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 8 scrambled eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat a large oven safe pan, I use a cast iron skillet, on medium high heat and your oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle oil in the pan and cook the steak, seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- Now add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. They should still be a little tender.
- Pour eggs over the steak and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- Your frittata is ready.