Beer Dip: A Perfect Game Day Recipe
This beer dip is so easy I almost feel lazy when I make it. The hardest part is coming up with the self control to save some for everyone else!
The first time I tried this tasty treat was one year ago for our annual Friendsgiving and I was lucky enough to get the recipe. 😀 I can’t take credit for making this up, in fact I’m not sure where it originated from but I’m sure glad that it did.
- (2) 8 ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- (1) 4.3 ounce glass jar of real bacon bits
- 2 cups of shredded cheese- recipe calls for cheddar and parmesan but I just use cheddar
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 small packet of ranch salad dressing mix
- ¾ cup of beer at room temperature
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, cheese, onion and ranch mix in a bowl and roughly mix together. A stand mixer or potato masher is ideal for combining these ingredients.
- Next, add beer and combine everything well. If you would like your dip even easier to spread, you can add more beer in small amounts and mixing until you have reached your ideal consistency.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes (if you can!) and then serve!