It doesn’t get much easier than puff pastry Nutella twists. If you ask me, the hardest part is saving some for your friends!
Easy Puff Pastry Nutella Twists
Heck yes. Let’s make something with Nutella! Have you ever bought a jar and, over a long time of course, eaten the jar one spoonful at a time? It’s ok. You can admit it. I won’t judge you. But hypothetically if that happened with the previous jar, you might actually want to make something with that new jar of Nutella. 😉 That brings us to this inspiration here today. Easy puff pastry Nutella twists for you and your friends for dessert. Or maybe even brunch if you can’t wait for after dinner.
This may go without saying but these are so very delicious dipped in hot chocolate or coffee. They remind me a little of those butterhorn cookies we used to keep in a glass jar when I worked at a local coffee shop.
Puff pastry is a genius invention, so convenient for a dessert or brunch and quick to make as long as the puff pastry dough isn’t frozen.
Are you excited to try these? Give them a try!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry dough comes with two squares of puff pastry dough & you'll be using both of them for this recipe
- jar of Nutella
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. water
- granulated sugar
- Thaw your puff pastry dough by leaving overnight in the refrigerator the night before you make these twists.
- Prepare 3-4 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Lay out one square of puff pastry, unfolding onto a clean and dry surface.
- Spread Nutella (generously) on one side of the puff pastry dough.
- Cut into 8 strips. I use a pizza cutter for this part.
- Twist until only the dough is visible and the Nutella is inside of the twists.
- Place each twist onto the cookie sheets leaving a little space in between each one.
- Repeat with the second square of puff pastry dough.
- Refrigerate the twists for 30 minutes or until completely chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add water to the egg white and scramble together.
- Brush egg white mixture over each twist and sprinkle on granulated sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the twists are a golden brown.