Not many ingredients with all the comforts of a beef chili. 🙂
Easy Beef Chili
It doesn’t get much easier than this easy beef chili recipe. I often like to add more to my chili but if the mood strikes, sometimes I want to keep it quick and simple. It gets even easier when you dump everything in the slow cooker and let the cooker work its magic. Double the batch if you want to freeze some for a week later or so.
Chili is good by itself, over rice or used to make nachos. I’ma big fan of chili and it’s one of my favorite comfort foods!
Chili burgers, chili nachos and chili dogs are also great uses for chili especially when you and your friends are watching football and need something warm and comforting to tide you over until halftime.
- one one small onion chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- two 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes including juices
- one 15 oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- Preheat a large pot on medium high heat and drizzle a little cooking oil.
- Cook chopped onion until nearly translucent and still tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and spices, breaking up the beef with the spoon or spatula if you haven't already.
- Stir frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes and pinto beans, stirring to mix in thoroughly.
- Turn heat down to medium and let it cook covered for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid then continue to cook until some of the liquid cooks off and the chili begins to thicken, another 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and when it's cool enough to eat, serve and enjoy!