Make this breakfast version of a classic dessert. An apple crumble smoothie bowl is totally worth waking up for!
Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl
How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolutions? You don’t have to go into details but I won’t judge you if you do. It can be such a challenge to start a new resolution, especially when it comes to eating healthier or giving up something you enjoy. I could talk about how much better you’ll feel or how those rich gravies and buttery desserts aren’t good for you but I’m not going there. We all know what is healthy and what isn’t, depending on your ideal version of healthy, and I definitely know better but I still indulge. I promise you. I love a stack of fluffy pancakes with butter and sweet maple syrup, complete with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs. I have a hard time saying no to fluffy biscuits and creamy gravy. Those are rare treats that I enjoy but my daily breakfast is usually a smoothie. Today my Sunday Supper friends and I are sharing lighter recipes to help anyone and everyone looking for ways to stick to those resolutions. I’m sharing an Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl with you today to start the day off right. 🙂
A daily smoothie is such a great way to get some extra fruit and veg into your body. I felt a noticeable difference just a few days after I started this habit and it was totally worth it for me. The idea was to try it for one month and go from there but it turned into a daily ritual, even if I just mix some greens powder with water and eat an apple on the side. I still enjoy cinnamon rolls on occasion and I love steak with potatoes and salad on the side but at least the day starts off right. That counts for something doesn’t it?
You’ll want to bookmark this recipe to save it for later or run off and make one right now. There is a link for a homemade cinnamon granola recipe below or you can click here to see it. When you get back, take a peek at what my Sunday Supper friends have made for you! These recipes will give us both recipes to try as we do our best to stay on track during this year. Thank you so much for visiting. 🙂
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- ¼ cup of granola
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. almond milk or more to make a thick but pourable smoothie
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- In your blender cup (or pitcher) add banana, half of the apple, cinnamon, Greek yogurt, almond milk and chia seeds.
- Add more almond milk as needed, just enough to blend the ingredient and make a thick smoothie.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with the other half of the chopped apple and granola.